This project is read-only.

Visual Studio 2012 Support

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM
First of all thank you for your work.
Since I'm just trying to switch to MVC4 and try to use Autofac for DI this project perfectly suites what I'm looking for.

Now, I'm using VS2012 and first try to open project was unsucessfull due to the fact I didn't have Azure Tools installed. Now, I've seen your advice to just ignore Azure project if I don't have any plans using it, but in VS2012 ALL projects are left as UNAVAILABLE or UNSUPPORTED if there is no Azure tools installed, so you pretty much need the tools to open any project.

Also, after successfully installing Azure tools VS 2012 complains that Azure tools version (November 2011) is not supported in VS2012 and offers to convert it to newer version (October 2012). After conversion Azure project is still unavailable but other projects are loaded properly.

I understand that writing documentation is pain in the ass but I think that at least there should be list of minimum requirements and a instructions what user has to do in order to run the project. Full VS2012 support would be even better (for example instead of SQLExpress using localdb so person does not need to have SQLExpress installed on computer,etc...)

Again. thank you for your work.

Regards
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Hello Shax,

I'm sorry about the missing documentation. I'm looking for some help with this. I have a position opened for it here but haven't found any help. The truth is I just do not have time. I know it's a complex project and if the user does not have any experience working with these concepts they will simply not use it.

As for the problem with VS2012, again I haven't had any time to upgrade. Also I'm not sure if I upgrade to VS2012 users of VS2010 will be able to use the project. So I would have to look into it.

Maybe you can help me with some of these issues.

-Thanks,
Fabricio